This is a database (MDB) on Norwegian rolling stock, contemporary and historical.
MDB is made by contributions by its users. Norwegian Railway Club (NJK), Research Dept. administrates the database and tries to ensure sufficient quality on information and pictures.
The database is constantly changed.
Most of the text is in English, but comments on specific units will mostbly be only in Norwegian. Use e.g. Google translate to solve that problem.
Klarer ikke å koble til MySQL.util: (1045) Access denied for user 'adm'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Main topics in MDB (Rolling stock database)
About the database
| Start page with pictures
| Train database
| Document archive
Important concepts in MDB
The rolling stock is grouped in the following way (Norwegian concepts in parenthesis):
- Type of vehichle (Art) - Steam engine, carriage, shunter etc.
- Main class (Hovedtype) - Subdivision of steam engines etc.
- Class (Klasse) Subdivision of main class in one or several part. We use the class system of the previous NSB (Norwegian State Railways) where this system is relevant.
- Unit (Enhet) A single engine or car/waggon.
Classification system (Betegnelsessystem) keep together those classes that have been used in a specific span of time. A single unit may have experienced several
classification systems during its life. In most cases, one have to choose a classification system in order to proceed in the database.
NJK Reseach Dept.,
- Requests about MDB, use e-mail
Norwegian Rollingstock Database (MDB) version 4 - © NJK 2005-2021
I dag 41520 treff på rmdb, og 79195564 totalt siden 04.01.2005 02:06.
Dagsgjennomsnitt: 12965 treff · Statistikk